• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tk-2312 won't scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireJeff1997

Hello, I have a Kenwood TK-2312 and I am using KPG-134D V2.3 software. My radio scan worked fine then after I moved some of the channels around and reprogrammed my radio I can not get the scan to turn on. I can add and delete channels to scan but I can not get it to scan. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Did you make any button assignment changes?

Have you set your channels to ‘add’ (per channel) in programming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireJeff1997

No I did not make any changes except for added a channel and changed the order of a couple of channels. Some of the channels were set to add and some were not. I am not sure what the default settings are and maybe I need to check a box somewhere that was not checked. Just not sure what to check or uncheck. I only have a single zone for now but was thinking about moving a couple of channels to another zone.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
No I did not make any changes except for added a channel and changed the order of a couple of channels. Some of the channels were set to add and some were not. I am not sure what the default settings are and maybe I need to check a box somewhere that was not checked. Just not sure what to check or uncheck. I only have a single zone for now but was thinking about moving a couple of channels to another zone.

When you create a new channel, it should default to ‘Add’

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Make sure "Scan Add" is selected for the channel.
Make sure your squelch is set correctly (open squelch may stop the scan).
Make sure your "Scan" button is still correctly assigned.
Make sure that the "Scan Type" is set correctly. If you have multiple zones set up in the radio, it'll only scan the zone you are in if it's set to "single". If you want to scan all the zones, set it to "Multiple".

New channels should default to "add", as kayn said.

FireJeff1997

I have checked all of that but when I hit the scan button it just gives me a dull boop and does nothing. If I try and assign scan to another button then it does the same thing. It scanned fine before so I am not sure what I have done, but it is aggravating. Thanks for everyone's help.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
This is a fairly simple radio. For scan you'll need two or more channels added (indicated by the right triangle on) and at least one zone added (indicated by the left triangle on). Pressing the programmed scan button should get you going. I can't think of anything else in the radio that would preempt the scan function. I could look at your codeplug if you want.

FireJeff1997

I have tried several different things and I just keep hitting a wall, so any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. I have tried to attached is the the file I uploaded to the radio but it will not allow me. I am not sure what other information you need or how to get the codeplug.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I have tried several different things and I just keep hitting a wall, so any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. I have tried to attached is the the file I uploaded to the radio but it will not allow me. I am not sure what other information you need or how to get the codeplug.

Save the file to your hard drive, then highlight the name of the code plug and change the three letters after the period to ‘zip’. You should then be able to attach it to a post here(if the new forum software will allow it.

Edit: Check your private messages. I just sent one to you.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Sent you an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.