• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK 3180 Battery Indicater Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBFretz

I just purchased a new battery for my TK 3180 radio. When I push the PTT button the battery indicater drops to nothing and then fashes. If I turn the radio off then on it shows full battery. I know the battery is good because I can leave the radio on all day in scan mode and it works fine. It only happens when I push the PTT. Also how can I tell what firmware I have on my radio? Any help with this would great Thank you!!

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Low battery detect threshold needs to be calibrated.
There is a LSB out on the issue. It's a simple procedure but it requires an adjustable power supply connected, and the radio has to be put in panel tuning mode to access the settings.
You can tell the firmware version if you have your radio connected to KPG and choose the transceiver information menu option, or if firmware write is enabled in KPG, you can hold the S key and PTT and power up, IIRC.

If you lack the proper tools, I STRONGLY suggest contacting a local dealer. You can hose things up connecting improper power voltages, or messing with settings in panel tune if you aren't familiar with tuning radios.

A shop should charge you for more than 1/4-1/2 hour labor for the procedure.

JBFretz

Thank you very much for the info. I knew somthing crazy was going on. I think my buddy has a adjustable power supply. Would you be able to go into more detail on how to do this procedure? My buddy is very good with electronics and with his help I think we could give this a shot. Thanks again

SCPD

QRT
If MTS cant help ive fixed a couple of them. ill see if i can dig up my copy of the LSB. pm me if you need my contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.