• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-350G Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

obijohn

A Question for all of you Kenwood Technicians/Guru's out there...

I have a TK-350G portable that is doing some flaky things, and I know that the product firmware can
get corrupted in these radios.

I need to know if the firmware checksum "F415" is a good one.

Thanks for your help...Obijohn.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
Latest F/W I have is 64E5, here is LSB0210 says about the firmware corruption problem and how to prevent it.

SERVICE BULLETIN Land Mobile Division
Kenwood Service Corporation 2201 E. Dominguez St. Long Beach, Ca. 90810 (310) 761-8275 (310) 761-8290 FAX
SUBJECT: TK-250/350 Firmware Protection
DATE: 12/30/1997
(310) 605-5045 BBS (310) 761-4498 Direct FAX
Printed in U.S.A.

TK-250/350 Firmware Protection
The TK-250 and TK-350 microprocessor memorizes the user settings every time the radio power is turned off. If the battery being used cannot sustain radio operation, the user settings memory routine cannot be completed reliably. In earlier versions of the TK-250 andTK-350, it is possible to corrupt the microprocessor firmware by trying to operate the radio
with a weak or discharged battery.

Beginning at serial number 704xxxxx of the TK-250 and TK-350, C451 on the display section of the TX-RX unit (X57-44xx-xxC/3) was replaced with a 47k W resistor (Kenwood P/N RK73GB1J473J or equivalent). This resistor stabilizes the reset line when a low battery voltage condition exists - preventing memory errors which could otherwise occur as the radio powers down.

All versions of the TK-250, TK-350, TK-250G, TK-350G, and TK-353 with serial numbers higher than 704xxxxx include the C451/47k W resistor change. Any time that the firmware is upgraded in an earlier radio, or during routine maintenance, C451 should be checked and replaced to a 47k W if this has not already been done.

obijohn

Thanks for posting that bulletin MTS2000des...After doing extensive research, I determined the following...

The firmware progression was (depending on s/n of the radio) F415, 64DB, 64E5. F415 was in radios starting with s/n 811XXX. So I have a good firmware flash. I was able to obtain the 64E5 flash. So I am glad I didn't get anxious and flash my radio with older firmware.

I cleaned all of the interconnect flexes and fixed my problems. It would appear that my radio got wet at some point prior to my purchase. Ya gotta love EBAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.