• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-380 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Hi all,

Received a TK-380 ver 1 radio.

When I first downloaded the radio (set up for LTR system) and looked at the codeplug I found that the repeater data was corrupt. I reloaded it as a conventional radio with amateur frequencies, and after uploadeding to the radio it would reset and be fine untill I turned the radio off then on. When turned back on the display showed 'g' in all segments and was not functional at all. Does anyone have any ideas what may be wrong with it? If so is it terminal or can it be fixed? If needed tonight I can upload the old and new codeplugs. Thank you in advance.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

As well this is a 450-490Mhz model. Before turning the radio off it will Tx and Rx on the ham band 449.XXX TX and 444.XXX RX

Av8tor56

Got me on this one... The only thing I can think of is when the radio powers down and powers back up it's resetting itself and seeing the ham frequencies as out of range. Try reprogramming it for a 450 or 460 range repeater pair and see what it does.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

I will give it a try. My TK280 does not do this, and I have out of band frequencies in it as well. Worth a shot.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Everthing I have heard about the TK-x80 portables is that they are pretty good going into the ham band. Thanks I will try and see if that helps

gregwenn

TK-380 problem - "g"s in display

I have the same/similar problem on a 880-1 ver 2.0 I programmed for GMRS.
It used to be programmed for trunking.
I thought it was unlaut-y: "y" with two dots over it. I'll look again.

It only does it when the radio is turned off when tuned to the last channel programmed.
eg. if only 5 channels, and turned off when on channel-5, then ...
when turned on, it normally displays the version, flash message (I use NET 25),
then all "g"s or whatever and is locked up.
Writing programming to the radio fixes it (until the next time).

Don't know solution yet.

cheers

Av8tor56

Out of curiosity; have you written a blank code plug to it? Then reprogrammed it to the frequencies that you want to put in it or did you modify the existing code plug?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ

Modified existing code plug. I have no way to re-align the radio if I load a blank codeplug

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Out of curiosity; have you written a blank code plug to it? Then reprogrammed it to the frequencies that you want to put in it or did you modify the existing code plug?

I just sat down and loaded a blank codeplug to the radio, and re-entered all the data I wanted in the radio. Lo and behold the radio is working and not showing a screen full of stupid characters!!!!!

Thank you Av8tor56, Thought I had a lemon but seems to be working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.