• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK 5210 Channel Knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Ok so id really like the ch knob to spin continuously on my TK5210 so i can have more than 16 channels in the bank and not have to use ch up and down buttons. I called the Kenwood Depot the other day to ask if it can be done and he said sure just take the stop off the bottom of the knob. So to test this out i took the knob off and used needle nose pliers to turn the knob but no luck it stops at both ends. Has anyone else looked into this? On a side note any one know why all p25 radios only have 16 ch knobs?

cwb212001

I'm not sure if this will help you as it is not a direct answer your question... I just assembled a TK290 that included a channel stopper ring. This is a flat ring with a tab on one side bent perpendicular to the ring. This is apparently used if you want to limit the 16 channel selector knob to 8 or 4 channels as indicated by the included optional sticker rings that could go around the knob. I haven't ever had a request for doing this, nor attempted to figure it out, nor do I think that the radios are that similar. But in case they are I'd look for that ring to remove or whatever is attached to the knob that keeps it from moving in a 360. Good luck

SCPD

QRT

Sorry for not being more specific. i have a k2 ver 1 and a k7 ver 2. The stop ring is on there but even with out it it stops i believe its inside the selector switch that its limited.

dj25705

Not sure on the 5210s but the 5220s you can remove the tab and remove the check mark for "16 Zone/Channel Selector" in the software. This enables you have more than 16 channels in one zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.