• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

tk-5210 firmware upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

In trying upgrade firmware on my 5210. Can someone help me with steps i need to do up date firmware

cabletech

As this is a farly new radio, why do you think you need to upgrade the firmware? You need to contact a dealer for the firmware.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
You'll need the FPRO software that should have been included on your KPG-95 software disk.

1. Connect your radio to the PC.
2. Open FPRO
3. Put the radio into firmware programming mode by turning the radio off. Press and hold the bottom side button and the PTT button while turning the radio on.
4. Using FPRO, find the new .hex file, will look like: TK-5410K_FIRM_SH01_REL20.HEX
5. Select the COM port your radio is connected to
6. Make sure baud rate is set to match your radio. 115,200bps is standard.
7. Click "Write".

It'll take a few minutes. It'll show scary sounding things like "Flash Erasing", "Firmware writing", etc. When it's completed, make sure the display shows the check sum that matches the firmware.

Latest firmware for the TK-5210 V3 radio is G6.02.00 Checksum C61E

Last edited:

Baker845

Im using proper kenwood cable, have comm port on comm port1 and radio just says Program 115200bps

Are you sure the baud rate is the same on the computer and the radio. You could try changing it to a lower one. You turn your concentric switch to change it, there are 3 available. Try lowering the baud rate first. Please tell us what version fpro you have as that matters as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
OK, and forgive me for asking, but it's the USB cable and you have it set to the correct port? I understand it says Comm Port 1, but are you sure that's where the cable is really connected? My PC has a real comm port that is always port 1. My USB programming cables come up all over the place.

Baker845

the cable Im using, not USB and i tryed both ports no luck. I have version 2 radio and want up date to firmware version 6.01

Ok when you open fpro.exe and click about it will say what version it is. In order for us to help you better can you please describe, in your own words, each step you are taking to upgrade your radio.

Baker845

the fpro version i using is 6.01. steps im doing is putting radio into firmware program mode, next i opened the file were i save firmware file, then i clicked open and it now in fpro download window. after i put on pc cable from pc to radio and then clicked write. nonthing happens and them check connection pops up.

And you can read and write in kpg95 fine with the same cable?

Try restarting your pc, make sure nothing is open, open fpro and try it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.