• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-5210 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmdecker20

Hello all,

Is there a way to have a channel on my 5210 that I can keep silent and it will decode and alert when we are paged?

I have all my main channels set up to page but I hear traffic all the time. I'd like to have this channel so I can leave it turned up at night but only have it decode when we are toned out and not hear the rest of the county.

I know it was possible with my XTS 5000 but haven't figured it out on the Kenwood yet.

Thanks for the help.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm guessing you are talking about analog 2 tone pages, correct?

On the "Channel Personality", you need to set your optional signaling to whichever you have programmed, 2-Tone 1, 2, 3, or 4.
That will need to be done for each channel.

wmdecker20

I'm guessing you are talking about analog 2 tone pages, correct?

On the "Channel Personality", you need to set your optional signaling to whichever you have programmed, 2-Tone 1, 2, 3, or 4.
That will need to be done for each channel.

Yes. I've got that done already.

What I'm wanting is a way to keep a channel silent until they drop our tones. And then the radio alerts.

I know Motorola you have to set the QCII to And/Or but. It sure what that is on Kenwoods side.

flux4201

Premium Subscriber
You need to set another settings so the decode function requires 2 Tone and PL/DPL to pass audio.

Make sure your correct 2 tone sequence is setup in the 2-tone window. Assign that specific 2-tone-X to the channel you want to use as your paging channel in the radio. Navigate to the Personal Features window in the conventional personal system and change the Audio control from QT/DQT or optional signaling to QT/DQT and optional signalling. Then your page decoding channel should be silent until you receive the correct set of 2 tones and PL/DPL to open up the speaker audio, then also set a auto reset timer in the 2 tone or you can manually reset the radio back to the muted condition. I attached a picture for reference.

Attachments

• 2-Tone Decode_TK-5210.jpg
    2-Tone Decode_TK-5210.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 103

cmdrwill

" You need to set another settings so the decode function requires 2 Tone and PL/DPL to pass audio "

Not necessarily, most Page Outs do not have PL or DPL as that distorts the paging tones.

Make up a completely separate personality with the paging tones.

flux4201

Premium Subscriber
Yes, you would need to make a new personality as the audio control setting is global across the personality your wanting to do the decoding in. But changing the audio control from "or" to an "and" is really all that needs to happen to mute the radio. And sure you can set the optional signalling decode condition to carrier if your not receiving PL/DPL on the channel you want to mute the audio on, it just needs to see something AND something for the radio to unmute and pass audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.