• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-5710 and Firecom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonleeb

Has anyone interfaced a fire on 3010r with a TK -5710 and experienced TX audio problems from the headsets? I am using the interface cable that runs from the head. Adjustments to the Firecom tx audio through the pot on the side of the 3010 and the internal dip switches don't seem to cure the problem.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
Firecom

I haven't set any up on the 5X10s but my experience with the 90 series radios is that the audio quality off the back of the control head is horrible compared to that of the db25 connector on the radio. If you can switch them id try that. Also are you using the same series and age headsets on the system? If not you could have an impedance mis-match with them.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Kenwoods don't take much drive to run the mic line full bore. The Firecom should have both switches set to the lowest setting. Turn the pot down all the way and then up to just where the transmit volume becomes its loudest and no more. Going past this point will not increase volume but voices will get distorted and you will get a lot of background hiss, engine noise, etc.

Vonleeb

Good ideas

Thanks for the good ideas. I tried the firecom at its lowest Dip switch setting and it seemed like it was not audible regardless of the gain pot setting. I am wondering if the 3010r is bad? It was already replaced because the installation was done with the wrong interface cable and destroyed the ptt function of the 3010r. This looks to be a refurbished or used replacement. Maybe I missed something when setting the dip switches. Thanks for the advice. I will let y'all know how it turns out.

Vonleeb

One last note

The firecom tech support people also told me the default settings on the 3010r , which are the highest of the mic output dip switch settings, should be correct. I'm puzzled?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
The firecom PTT output is a relay contact. If you blew that out then something was REALLY wrong with the mismatched cable. The mic line connects directly to the line from the hand mic inside the head. If the hand mic works OK, I don't see a radio problem.

For the dip switches, the high setting matches a electret mic such as a Motorola. Kenwoods use a dynamic mic with a lower level. The firecoms lowest or maybe medium setting is what I would use.

Sounds like a problem somewhere and a little troubleshooting is in order.

Vonleeb

You are so right

You are so right about the cable. Another company installed a cable that was meant for a different radio and it was installed on the accessory db-25 on the back of the deck. Time for a little more testing. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.