• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-630H TK-730 selectable tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcu02mpa

I have a TK-630H-3 and several other TK-x30 series radio and am wondering how put in selectable tones; advanced control head. I have put it into the 6-meter HAM band using my IFR service monitor and am going to be doing a youtube video of the procedure (old hat to some but great tool for anyone else wanting to do this). This radio does so well in 6-meters; full power out and less than .25uv on receive.

I didn't even realize the 30 series had the selectable tone feature. I was able to assign a button to do it, I select AUX but am not sure where to go from there. I cannot see where you actually scroll through the tones.

I have been able to get the 630H-3 series to go from 42-54 and VCO stay in lock as well as get the pre-selector to do the whole spread. I am going to be putting together a dual-band TK-730H and TK-630H and post some pics as project gets underway.

I recently bought an IFR-1000S service monitor and wow does that open up some possibilities. I have been having to use an old Motorola signal generator to tune the receive. Any questions about the procedure feel free to ask but I just cant figure out the selectable tone feature. I can do it no problem on Motorola, but Kenwood is reletively new for me.

code3cowboy

You first have to program the list of tones, then hold the ost button until the tone starts to flash. Then you use the channel knob to select the tone you want.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
In software, go to EDIT>FEATURE OPTION>OPERATOR SELECT TONE and enter the tones of your choice.

Next go to KEY SELECTION. Program a key for OPT. I think you can use AUX, but I've always used the former. While the key is still highlighted, press F10, and select the OPT function as OST.

After the radio is programmed, pressing the button will turn on/off the OST funtion with the last used tone. To change the tone, press and hold button. "CODE XX" will display. Change with rotary knob and press the button again.

Would love to see the video. Make sure you post when it's up. My two cents, a Hooters girl would make it that much more interesting.

wcu02mpa

One video up

Thanks for the directions....I will test tomorrow. I should have that youtube up soon. I have one up now of me doing a very basic power out and receive test on an MCS 2000 800MHz. The control head had some of the pins ripped of the board and i had to do some repair. The video was literally shot with my blackberry and held in my left hand. The lowband retuning video will have some better production quality and more narrative.

I know service monitor's are expensive but wow can you really do some work on a radio

Here is the video: YouTube - IFR 1000s service monitor testing MCS2000

Status
Not open for further replies.