• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-7180 control head

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa3bxw

Would anyone have a control head for sale, or supply the Kenwood part # to order one. This unit was a 2 piece configuration on a motorcycle and the control head was taken by some fine American.
Thanks for reading.

MSS-Dave

I'll check this for availability but your best bet is going to be to find a complete used radio and use the head. You'll also need to replace the parts for the krk 10 remote kit pieces that are missing when the head got stolen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I can get you the part numbers for all the individual parts to make a control head, but it won't be cheap. Kenwood does not list a complete control head as something that is available, either in the service manual or the price list.

I agree with MSS, find a used one.

If the entire remote head was stolen, you'll need the KRK-10 remote head kit, too.

wa3bxw

Thanks for the replies. My intention is to obtain a control head and make the radio a single piece unit again to use in a vehicle. Since there is no single part # to order just the control head I'll keep a watch for a used radio. I appreciate all the response(s).

MSS-Dave

I have some used tk-8180 radios, I'll check to see how much I need to have for one. 3 minute swap to get the head off of that radio and put it on your 7180 and it should work fine. Hopefully nothing electrically got damaged on the RF deck when they stole the head.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.