• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-730 G narrowband question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmitty0010

Feed Provider
Trying to program my TK-730 G for the national V-call freq. It is a narrowband freq (155.7525) but it will not accept it. The software does have the Wide/Narrow option. When i put the freq in it goes in as 155.750. It will however accept V-Tac 1 freq which is 151.1375 with no problem.

Any fixes to this?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
To use your example 155.750. The next valid 25KHz channel is 155.775. If you half the channel spacing to 12.5KHz and stick it in between these two the freq would be 155.7625. That would be a valid entry for the software.

Not sure why they made V-call 155.7525 at this time but here's a quote from the ICS FOG:

4. Important- Some radios do not function properly on the following channels: V-CALL,
V-TAC 2, and V-TAC 4. Note: Communications Unit Leaders should not assign those
specific channels for incident use if it might be possible that Bendix-King EPH radios
(including the current NIFC, CDF, and OES cache radios) might be utilized on their
incident. Prior to use on an incident it is important to determine whether or not another
manufacturer’s radio models have V-CALL, V-TAC 2 or V-TAC 4 functioning problems.

vorndamr

Tk730g

Firast make sure that when you go into your software you use the correct model number. This is software defined. You should see the option for narrow or wide if you pick the right model. The TK-730G will do the frequency you are trying to enter. I have it in mine. Rod

dapaq2

I tried to enter 155.3675 Mhz into my Kenwood TK730G and it rounds it off to 155.365 Mhz. Anyone know if my radio is suppose to be capable of allowing this freq. I selected Narrow and tried again and same thing. If there are other frequencies programmed in that are wide band, do all the freqs have to be narrow band or can i have mix match types in the radio? Wondering if the existing wide band freqs are affecting trying to enter 155.3675.

Doug

b7spectra

EMS Dispatcher
G models are the Kenwood narrow band radios. I have a 830(G) and all of my UHF frequencies, so far, work just fine.

dapaq2

G models are the Kenwood narrow band radios. I have a 830(G) and all of my UHF frequencies, so far, work just fine.

Yes I am aware what the G means. Ok, You have a uhf model 30 series, but can you help us with our TK730's as to why they are not accepting the desired frequencies?

Doug

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Programming a channel narrow will not change how the frequency can be entered, it only causes a different IF filter in the receiver to be switched in or out.

In wideband mode, VHF channels are 15KHz apart and UHF channels are 25KHz apart. To hit every possible combination of 15 and 25 channels you'll need a PLL step size of 5KHz. This is what the TK-X30 series uses and any frequency evenly divisible by 5KHz can be programmed into it (155.360, 155.365, 155.370 etc).

Now the UHF band has for many years has allowed channels in between the normal 25KHz, used to called "splinter" channels. To hit these splinter channels the frequency step needs to be 12.5 KHz. All TK-X30 radios allow 12.5 steps also ( 460.000, 460.0125, 460.025, 460.0375 etc) but that is all they will do.

With narrow banding we have channel spacings of 7.5KHz (half of VHF 15KHz) and 12.5KHz (half of UHF 25KHz). The maximum frequency step that can be used to cover all channel combinations is 2.5KHz. The program software has error checking and won't allow all these new 2.5 channels.

b7spectra is OK with his UHF as this has been in place for a long time, but splitting 15KHz VHF channels is fairly new and was not on the radar when the 30s where designed so the short answer is you will not be able program certain channels unless someone hacks the software to accept the new channels. You could enter the rounded off freqs and warp the radio 2.5KHz to make it work, but then any of the old "normal" freqs would be off.

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar

vip3r82

Does anyone know where to find the wiring diagrams for a 730g with remote head?
and as well as the programming software & Cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.