• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-7302 RoxiTek setup issue

sseawright

I just bought a RoxiTek Radio Gateway to use with our agency's dispatch center. I've heard they are easy to setup but I guess I don't know the radio as well as I had thought. The radio we are using is a spare TK-7302. The pin out (DB15 port) instruction state to program pin 9 for input PTT (did that!). Next, it states to program pin 10 for output COR/COS (did that!). I can't figure out how to get pin 4 into AFO mode. I am hearing audio going to Zello but it's all static (open squelch) when the channel is not receiving audio from another radio. How do I get this pin 4 into AFO mode? The Roxi pinout instructions says it's "Selectable by FPU" but I can't find this setting anywhere in the software (KPG124D). I have asked the google-verse to no avail. Any help would be awesome. I can also try to get ahold of my local Kenwood dealer as well, but they don't always answer their phones!!. Thanks guys!!!

n0fwg

Premium Subscriber
Pin 4 is DEO Detector output, my quick scan of the manual did not show any options to convert it o AFO. So you have a squelched discriminator line. Might have to use the speaker line with a attenuator

Jerry

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
RXAFO can be picked up from a few places on the board.

CN702 "OP Board" is where an add on scrambler board can be connected. Pin 18 on that connector is RXAFO. There's also a solder pad adjacent to that connector "CN743" that is the same circuit. You'll have to solder a lead onto that pad and wire that to your gateway

C705 is another solder pad near the center of the board where you can pick up RX AFO.

sseawright

Thanks for the quck replies. Let me ask this... I also have available to me a TK-7360. Will I have the same issues with AFO audio on pin 4 with the TK-7360? Modding the radio is not really an option. Thanks again for the replies. It's been very helpful in getting me to where I need to be.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thanks for the quck replies. Let me ask this... I also have available to me a TK-7360. Will I have the same issues with AFO audio on pin 4 with the TK-7360?

Yes. It's not an AFO output, it's a detector output.

Modding the radio is not really an option.

Why not? If you need to interface this radio to the gateway, you'll need AFO for it to work. A reputable Kenwood shop can do the modification for you.

Or, get a radio that has a dedicated AFO output already on the connector, like a TK-7180.

EWC_BDN

that pin 4 is DET audio and not selectable on the 7302. Which is good be cause then the volume control doesn't affect it.

The box is asking for COR so the external box should have a setting where you can use that COR to control that audio line.

The default from the Kenwood is 5V and it goes to 0 when the radio is receiving. ( you might want to use TOR instead of COR too if your using a CTCSS tone)

Give the company a call and say hey can I use the COR line to control the audio?

sseawright

Yes. It's not an AFO output, it's a detector output.

Why not? If you need to interface this radio to the gateway, you'll need AFO for it to work. A reputable Kenwood shop can do the modification for you.

Or, get a radio that has a dedicated AFO output already on the connector, like a TK-7180.
I have spoke with my local Kenwood shop and they are going to mod the radio for me. Thanks for the info.

sseawright

OK Friends, I have some more questions. I'm not a radio tech by any means. I know how to do basic programming with signaling and such. I have the audio working now after the radio shop sent the AFO output to pin 4 with an internal jumper but the radio will not key up when the gateway device keys. The gateway device does key but it doesn't send the command to key the radio. I have attached the paper work that came with the Roxi device and also a screen shot of my "extended features" in KPG-124D. I'm sure I've not got the right ports programmed for the cable. Where am I going wrong? Thanks for being patient with me. I'm attempting to get this up and running before we get severe weather in Southeast Missouri tomorrow. Thanks Ya'll

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 20
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 21

EWC_BDN

Basic test would be to measure the Voltage meter on that wire. it should say 5V. Then touch that wire to the grounded chassis. The Radio should PTT.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If you have your radio cabled as shown on the diagram, pin 9 (PTT) is Func 4 and pin 10 (TOR) is Func 5.

sseawright

If you have your radio cabled as shown on the diagram, pin 9 (PTT) is Func 4 and pin 10 (TOR) is Func 5.
Thanks for that information. I'll give that a try when I'm back in the office. Are there some docs with the info you gave that I can access someplace? I'm trying to learn as I go.