• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK 760H/762H

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdugan

Premium Subscriber
I am having some problems with both these radios they will receive but will not transmit I don't see anything that looks wrong was wondering if it was something turned off in program not really sure just need some help if possible I have 3 radios 2of the TK 70H and 1 of the TK 762 and find it strange all do the same thing any help will be appreciated Thanks

cabletech

When you build the programing, did you enter a transmit frequency as well as the tones (if needed)?

Did you accidently set the channels up for recieve only?

WX9EMS

Do the radios show that they are transmitting (red tx light)? Have you checked output power? Are there any error tones?

These radios are pretty straight forward to program. I would recheck your programming and if that comes up empty, check the other two items. Try a different microphone if you have one. If you still can't get anything out of them, then you most likely have a hardware problem.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Out of band TX freq?

Sent via Tapatalk

These radios are pretty forgiving out of band. I use one and it seems to do well down to 144.000 even though it is a 148-174 band split. My transmit frequencies are from low 144 to 173MHz. I have not had any issues.

The radio may just need to be out on a bench for a proper alignment though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WX9EMS

The tones you hear are error tones. They are telling you that the radio either has no transmit frequency programmed or the tx vco is out of lock. What frequencies are you trying to program? Like mentioned above, they are designed for use in the 148-174 MHz range. They will usually go outside of this range maybe 5-8 MHz, but if you are asking it to go further than that the VCO's will unlock and a full alignment may or may not make it work where you want it to.

wdugan

Premium Subscriber
This may help a little I have noticed that on the display screen the upward arrow has a line slashed thru it and is displayed all the time when I key the mic it displays another upward arrow with out the line but wont transmit some channels have it others do not with the ones that don't it works fine is there something I'm missing I don't see anything different in the programming and I'm within the freq range 148-174

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

It may be a busy channel lock out setting. Where a non matching PL is being detected and causing the radio to not transsmit.

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
what he is describing is indeed busy channel l/o. If the channels on which no signal is present (the indicator with the arrow point IN means there is a signal present on that channel) allows transmit and the ones with the indicator on prohibit, press the MONITOR button to see if the channel is in use by someone else.

Squelch threshold may need adjustment, or disable BCLO on each channel (but me mindful of others if the frequency is in use before keying up, which is a requirement under FCC rules in most radio services).

Status
Not open for further replies.