• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-790 - Static when mic taken off-hook

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbailey154

Feed Provider
I have a 790 im installing in one of our new ambulances, the truck was taken to a local kenwood dealer and programmed and installed. didn't pick it up, had a coworker go get it. after inspecting the job I noticed when you take the mic off its hanger I get open air static like the monitor button was pushed. hang up the mic it stops, the busy light on the head is lit solid. what is the problem and how do I fix it.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
I have a 790 im installing in one of our new ambulances, the truck was taken to a local kenwood dealer and programmed and installed. didn't pick it up, had a coworker go get it. after inspecting the job I noticed when you take the mic off its hanger I get open air static like the monitor button was pushed. hang up the mic it stops, the busy light on the head is lit solid. what is the problem and how do I fix it.

This probably should have gone in a new thread, but if nobody has answered the question yet, the easy answer is that the squelch setting needs to be reprogrammed higher.
Basically, when the mic is on the hook, its grounded and the radio is programmed to have tone squelch enabled. When you remove the mic, it disables tone squelch. Since the overall squelch is so low, you hear the carrier static.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Posts moved to their own thread. Looks like we missed this when it was first posted. Might get a few more responses now that it's on its own with a proper title.

Status
Not open for further replies.