• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-8180 Fleetsync Group ID 1-10 - Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB9LMJ

Hello!

Can someone please explain how this works:

Our GMRS group is considering using Fleetsync to set up the following calling abilities:

1) ALL CALL (All members)
2) Admin All Call (Group call for all Admin at the same time)
3) Individual call
4) Family All Call (Members of the same family having an "ALL CALL" feature)

I am having trouble figuring out how to use the Fleet and ID's to accomplish this, and am wondering if the Group ID 1-10 can help. I'm not even sure how this works, or how you place calls to that group.

-I figure an ALL CALL is as easy as "ALL / ALL " in the ID List.
-Admin ALL CALL is as easy as assigning each Admin member a radio with the same ID, but having them use their family Fleet ID to segregate their radios from the group. That should look like " ALL / <Common Admin ID>"
- Individual call is self explanatory, " xxx / xxxx " for each individual Fleet and ID.

-What I am having trouble with is the Family All Call. For general members, this is not an issue, as it is a simple " <Family Fleet> / <ALL>." But what complicates it is giving Admin the ability to not only Admin ALL CALL, but also Family ALL CALL. To make matters worse, some Admin would like to have 3 of their 5 radios alert on an Admin ALL, but also have the ability for each of their 5 to individual call any radio in their family fleet. In other words, not triplicating the Fleet and ID in the 3 radio, but rather having a configuration in them that allow that (not sure what that would look like).

I figured you could program all 3 of those with the same <Family Fleet> / <Common Admin ID>, then program the other 2 with <Family Fleet> / <xxxx>. But what happens when you do that is when you key one of the 3 radios with the same ID, it alerts the other 2 regardless if you are trying to individual call them or not, as the other 2 radios interpret the data burst as an individual call rather an a PTT ID.

I'm not sure if there is a work around for this, or if the Group ID 1-10 could help. I have no idea how to use or make calls with Group ID 1-10, so any help would be much appreciated. I am hoping it is possible for that Admin member to not have to triplicate his Admin radios, rather give them individual call capabilities without the contention.

Thank you in advance for your help!

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
It sounds like you need to divide your groups up using the Fleet numbers.

Admin could be on one fleet
each family is on it's own fleet.

Admin calls can go to that fleet/all
Each family has it's own fleet with each radio having it's own ID

But still not sure that's going to solve all your issues.

KB9LMJ

Thanks mmckenna,

That's right where I'm stuck. If an Admin radio is also a member of a family fleet, it would be excluded from the family fleet All Call because it is in the Admin fleet. Since there is no way on the 8180 line to have dual ID's, I'm wondering if the Group ID in the Fleetsync ---> General 1 tab would help. I'm not sure how that feature works, as the help file is very hard for me to understand.

Those instructions are very confusing. Essentially, Fleet Call, I think, means ALL / ALL, while Supervisor Call means ALL / <Admin ID>, or even ALL/ <Family ID>.
I'm not sure how to set up this smaller "Group Call," as it appears very similar to Supervisor Call. I'm wondering if "Group Call" can be used as our Family Call, and Supervisor Call can be used for our Admin Call...

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.