• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-880 COR

Status
Not open for further replies.

madlabs

HI All,

I'm working on another repeater linking project. This time I am using a TK-880 as we will need a little more power to make the trip. I am trying to figure out where to pick off the COR. I see that one should be able to pick it off from a PCB pad but the only one I can find isn't AND'ed with the tone squelch. I do see some COR settings in the settings tab but don't seem to be able to AND it. There is a "signalling" selection which one can pick AND or OR but I can't get it to work.

Thanks!

JOnathan

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
You should have the KCT-19 option cable for the radio. Makes it easier for external connections. What you want is the squelch logic line. If you don't have a KCT-19 you can pick it up off the PCB but it's tiny and tough. Good luck.

In programming under optional features two change your squelch logic to TOR (COR = carrier operated relay, TOR = tone operated relay).

madlabs

Never mind. Found it, I needed to switch COR to TOR. Guess I am unclear on what TOR means. :)

madlabs

Our posts must have crossed or I didn't see your reply. You were dead on, thanks!

Soldered a wire to the PCB pad and we are off to the races!

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
COR = Carrier-Operated Relay
TOR = Tone-Operated Relay

If the correct CTCSS or CDCSS tone is received and decoded, TOR is activated.

madlabs

Yeah, I finally figured that out. I seem to remember using COR on a TK-750 instead of TOR which confused me. I thought on the 750 that TOR was when the repeater keyed up. Anyhoo, thanks.

ONe of the 880's I have has no :LCD backlight. I don't seem to see an option to turn it on, so I guess it's fried.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.