• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

tk 880 linking w/ads sr1

Status
Not open for further replies.

todda323

trying to link a tk 880 with ads sr1 simpex rptr. Have been told the com 0 (mic port) may not have enough logic to interface but unsure at present. Would like to avoid kct 19 install if at all possible. has any one tried anything similar with an 880? could be im making a mistake in my cable fab. getting audio in, recording and playing back but not getting audio out through the 880 and ptt is not kicking on. should make note that at present im using rj45 radio to rj45 ads sr1. May be something im missing in the programming but unable to see where im going wrong. Any help at all gratly appreciated.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If a mic plugs into the radio and works OK, this shoud be a no brainer.

I think your wiring is not quite right. On a TK880, looking into the mic jack from left to right, are pins 8 to 1. Pin 3 is "E", ground, pin 4 is "PTT", pin 5 is "ME" audio ground, and pin 6 is "MIC" tx audio in.

Use the manual for the SR1 to cross the correct pins RG-45 to RJ-45. Lable the ends so the correct plug goes to the correct device.

Also for the mic drive, start with lowest setting of the dip switches and go up if you need to, although the lowest should work.

Where are you getting receive audio, the speaker?

todda323

a fella on another forum sent me a svc man. so im pretty sure the wiring should be good. Gettin audio out of the 3.5mm speaker jack in back. Tested and know im gettin audio out to the sr1. red light indicated recording and then the green comes on indicating playing back. Just no ptt kicking on to tx what its playig. just to make sure when i look in to the radio face the pin jack should appear upside down with 8 on the left and 1 on the right? Im assuming the manual is depicting a picture of the radio jack and not a picture of the actual rj45 pin. would there be a programmig issue i may be missing? i have tried com 0 both on none and rem and no change.

Luis_R

On your SR1 check dip switch # 4, might be in the wrong setting. Should be off. Just a thought.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
On your SR1 check dip switch # 4, might be in the wrong setting. Should be off. Just a thought.

Yes. Before you go any further, check that.

Messing with com 0 is going to do nothing for you in this application. The mic jack has a dedicated PTT pin, and if it goes to ground, the radio WILL transmit.

Diagram is correct, mic JACK, L to R is 8 to 1.

Last edited:

todda323

well got update. rookie mistake in crimping. crimper jig wasn't going all the way down. working good and I can get pretty good rx,tx out. when i found problem all i could do was shake my head. sounds scratchy on hand held at about 10-15 miles but definately readable. of corse less distance depending on direction and hills in way etc. got it on 50' lmr 400. in future thinking of going with 20' heliax and in to house to radio with lmr. any suggestions as to what type heliax? not sure what the prefixes to the different types of healix stand for but im sure they indicate differences in cable that would effect what i should use for this specific application. thanks for everyones help and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.