• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK-981 Discriminator output.

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8lwx

Attempting to resurrect my Private Patch V and use the repeater control feature. I am in need of the discriminator output location. I need to connect
BEFORE de-emphasis. It needs to be BEFORE the capacitor. I have looked at the schematic but these tired old eyes just can't seem to find it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thx

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Attempting to resurrect my Private Patch V and use the repeater control feature. I am in need of the discriminator output location. I need to connect
BEFORE de-emphasis. It needs to be BEFORE the capacitor. I have looked at the schematic but these tired old eyes just can't seem to find it.
Any help would be appreciated. Thx

If you have a KCT-19 accessory connection cable, you can pull the receiver detector output off pin 4.

n8lwx

I tried pin 4 and can see "noise" at the controller. Not sure if what comes out of pin 4 is "BEFORE de-emphasis " whatever that means. That type of "de-empasis" is required per the CSI Private patch V manual. I am going to hook the controller up to the old Heathkit HW-24 dual band that it was connected to 25 years years ago and see if it works like it used to. If it works with that radio then I will need to dig deeper into the TK-981 and actually try and find the pin the squelch discriminator begins at. Thanks

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I tried pin 4 and can see "noise" at the controller. Not sure if what comes out of pin 4 is "BEFORE de-emphasis " whatever that means. That type of "de-empasis" is required per the CSI Private patch V manual. I am going to hook the controller up to the old Heathkit HW-24 dual band that it was connected to 25 years years ago and see if it works like it used to. If it works with that radio then I will need to dig deeper into the TK-981 and actually try and find the pin the squelch discriminator begins at. Thanks

Its before de-emphasis. 0.250mv peak to peak.

If you don't have the KCT-19, it's at PIN 1 of CN1 on the TX/RX board. There's also a test point just above that connector.

n8lwx

mmckenna & mass-man Thanks !
Was able to get the CSI private patch/repeater controller fired up after 25 yrs. It's now hooked to the TK-981 . I use one 981 as a transmitter and another 981 as a receiver with 915 toyo filters @ 927.225/902.225 73

Attachments

• CN1Pin1_50.jpg
    CN1Pin1_50.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 27
Status
Not open for further replies.