• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TK370G: how to enable field programming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rred

I keep seeing notes (including a dead link on this forum, thank you) that these radios can all be field programmed if a "hardware modification" is done, but no reference as to what that mod actually is. Does anyone know, is this just the usual "cut the green jumper wire" and if not, just what the mod is?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
No hardware mod needed but it needs to be enabled in programming. Previous post is the nuts and bolts to git 'er done.

Rred

Thanks for the replies, guys, but there's a problem here. Maybe you didn't see the many mentions, on many sites, that this specific field programming CAN ONLY BE DONE AFTER A HARDWARE MODIFICATION and that it will NOT WORK unless the hardware mod has been done first.

Most of the sites that also offer the same information for field programming make it clear that a hardware mod is required to enable that. Old radios that have had multiple users in the past may already have been modded, or not. There's no mention that they come any way except locked from the factory.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Thank you. I had to refer to the service manual. For FPP (Kenwood calls it self programming), in addition to enabling this feature in software you must also remove diode D17 from the board. I have a TK270G that is FPP but I did that so long ago I forgot exactly what I did.

Attachments

• New Doc 2_1.jpg
    New Doc 2_1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 268

Rred

Thank you, Ramal.
So on the 370, diode D17 is the new "green wire". And even then, it still needs the programming software to enable field programming? At least that runs under Windows and doesn't require a DOS machine.(G)

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I'll admit I knew that but I didn't read the whole link I posted. Sorry about that I kinda figured repeater builder had that info in their write-up. And you're correct d17 is the "green wire" then just enable it in the software.

Status
Not open for further replies.