• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

tk7150 FleetSync

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
Hi, this radio seems to be different than all of the other ones I have been using. I cannot get the unit to transmit the fleetsync when set to EOT, own or selected. It does not make that chirp/tone that the other ones I have been using do when set to EOT ptt. Also tried to setup the two tone encode, I can scroll through them in the radio, but cant transmit them no matter which button is pressed.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If your ID is set under FLEETSYNC, you have PTT ID set as fleetsync and EOT under OPTIONAL FEATURES>COMMON PAGE 2, and PTT ID set as OWN under CHANNEL EDIT, then the radio should send the data out.

For 2 tone send, press the 2 tone button, scroll to the one you want, press PTT.

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
I have set the fleetsync up that way already, Ill bring my portable out there to test it out and see whats going on with it.
That is what I am doing for the two tone encode. When I press the ptt button, it transmits normally just as talking.
This seems like a good unit, but I may have to switch to a 2360 in the future because it seems to have more options available to it.

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
Well I now can view others IDs, I had the baud rate at 2400 instead of 1200 that is used in my area. However, I cannot seem to transmit the fleetsync chirp when set to EOT, and there doesnt seem to be a timeout for the fleetsync IDs. Anyone familiar with these please help? In my area we dont use there, mainly 790s, 2360s, and 2170s. Thanks!

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Been doing some checking. I programmed a 8150 for 2-tone and you're right it doesn't go out. Did some checking and found out the proper way to send 2-tone is to press the PTT button and hold, then press the 2-tone button and let it transmit out (which is different than the procedure for newer models, and I haven't confirmed this yet).

For the ID display, go to the fleetsync window and try the "Message Mode Timer".

If you're baud rate is mismatched then it sure will have problems, but sounds like you have that correct now. I don't have an answer still why the ID is not transmitted, but when I get a chance I'll play with my 8150 some more.

What I'm finding is this is an older model and doesn't work the same as a newer model...

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the help. Ill be playing around with this and a portable to see if I can get this running smoothly. We are making a system now for our fire department, and trying to get ID numbers and assignments sorted out so it can be up and running. Just working out the kinks with this unit. The others work great. I am shocked that this radio seems to be missing features, but I got it at a great rice, and liked the remote head feature similar to the 790s that we use in the engines.

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
Ok tested it with a portable, the message mode doesnt seem to clear it. The only way it goes away is with a button press or moving the selector. Sounds like they should update the software for this radio.

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
Well, still no luck. I checked the manual and it says that it can be setup to do it. Im going to try it for the BOT and see if that helps anything. Not sure what the deal is since dtmf EOT worked.

Theroofable

Premium Subscriber
Problem mostly resolved. Still cant get the thing to remove the id after a certain amount of time, but this is minor.

Status
Not open for further replies.