TLC operating on Sheriff talkgroups DOITT UHF

4-crime

I have been monitoring the NYC Sheriff talkgroups today and I am hearing TLC coming over the air conducting “COVID car stops”. Curious as to why they just wouldn’t be using their own talkgroups.

Tank67

I have been monitoring the NYC Sheriff talkgroups today and I am hearing TLC coming over the air conducting “COVID car stops”. Curious as to why they just wouldn’t be using their own talkgroups.
Are you sure they’re TLC? If it is then maybe the talkgroups are wrong

k2hz

Premium Subscriber
The announcement of the Covid Checkpoint program said:
"The checkpoints will be operated by various law enforcement agencies, with the New York City Sheriff's Office coordinating the effort "at major bridge and tunnel crossings."

Since the Sheriff is "coordinating the effort" it seems logical TLC and other agencies would operate on the Sheriff's TG when participating.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Are you sure they’re TLC? If it is then maybe the talkgroups are wrong
This is on the older SmartZone system, which has been in use for years. Improbable that all of a sudden the talkgroups are wrong. I was listening to it myself live this afternoon, although I don't listen to the system enough to distinguish between NYC Sheriff and TLC units.

4-crime

The TLC units were going over the air as “TLC 565 to central” etc, so they were TLC units. One would assume they are using APX8000’s if they are going over the older UHF smartzone system...unless the sheriff’s office gave them loaner radios.