Tm 271

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwoodman

Ok I have some channels that I need to put into my TM-271 right. And these channels are like for example RX 154.600 PL 162.2 TX 151.955 PL 107.2 THIS IS ONLY A EXAMPLE NOT THE REAL FREQS. So there is to different pl tones for this channel, but the radio seems to only let you put in one pl tone. Is there a way around this or did Kenwood make a stupid radio or am I just a retard?

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Ok I have some channels that I need to put into my TM-271 right. And these channels are like for example RX 154.600 PL 162.2 TX 151.955 PL 107.2 THIS IS ONLY A EXAMPLE NOT THE REAL FREQS. So there is to different pl tones for this channel, but the radio seems to only let you put in one pl tone. Is there a way around this or did Kenwood make a stupid radio or am I just a retard?

"Stupid Radio" ? This a ham radio. Show me one two meter repeater in the country that uses different pl input and output tones.

kilowa22

Most amateur radios don't support separate PL/DCS tone transmit and receive. The only requirement for accessing a repeaters is the TX PL tone out. The RX tone out is an extra option and not required for repeater operation.

kenwoodman

Ok some do. I have seen them. But even if the output freq doesnt have a PL tone I still have to enter that freq as a drifferent channel because the radio will not let me add one freq with a PL tone and the other without one.

kenwoodman

I was only wanting to know if I didnt know something about this radio that you guys did know. Thanks!!

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Moved to the amateur radio equipment forum. The TM271 is not a commercial radio regardless of how its used so topics about it should be kept in the Amateur forum. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.