TM-710A built-in TNC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing a TM-710A. However, I have a question for those who have one or used one. I am interested in this model for the built in TNC. I want to get into packet radio, and figured this would help reduce the number of items to purchase.

I have tried looking at the manual but I can't really find anything on how to use it. I understand how to connect it to the computer, but I'm lost after that. I've messed around with MultiPSK for decoding/encoding packets (nothing over the air, just between two computers), but it appears that the software does not support this radio. Is there any software that does support it? Do I have to select another radio in the software, or does the radio just know when to rx/tx without any other interaction?

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

fineshot1

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing a TM-710A. However, I have a question for those who have one or used one. I am interested in this model for the built in TNC. I want to get into packet radio, and figured this would help reduce the number of items to purchase.

I have tried looking at the manual but I can't really find anything on how to use it. I understand how to connect it to the computer, but I'm lost after that. I've messed around with MultiPSK for decoding/encoding packets (nothing over the air, just between two computers), but it appears that the software does not support this radio. Is there any software that does support it? Do I have to select another radio in the software, or does the radio just know when to rx/tx without any other interaction?

Thanks in Advance,
Chris

Chris - the TM-710A is an amateur radio and this is a commercial radio forum.

Mod - please move this to an amateur forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.