TM-741 Control Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Recently I purchased a head less TM741 off of ebay. I should be getting it some time this week.

Does any one know where I can find a control head? I've spent countless hours searching the web, and posting on different forums with no luck! I'm waiting on the seller to send me some info on a ham who lives in Wisconsin who fixes and sells refurbished ones but I haven't received that info yet.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
W5CIA usually sells TM-x41 and TM-x42 stuff on eBay. Dunno if you bought your TM-741 deck from him or not. He's probably the first guy I'd go to if I was looking for a TM-741 head.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
That's who I bought the 741 from and a UT220 the only heads he has are for the 742, He just emailed me back with info of someone who can possibly help me Wayne KA9KHZ. So we shall wait and see what happens. Thanks for your reply Robert.

KB0VWG

I have one that needs to be fixed

That's who I bought the 741 from and a UT220 the only heads he has are for the 742, He just emailed me back with info of someone who can possibly help me Wayne KA9KHZ. So we shall wait and see what happens. Thanks for your reply Robert.

I have a control head to my tm-741 but it needs repairing. If you could would you let me know if he has anymore for sale or maybe I could send it to him for repair.

Thanks
Michael
kb0vwg
wqoi992

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Noproblem Michael. As soon has he replies to my email I'll ask and let you know.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
If you are unsuccessful this time in finding one, keep your eye on the ham radio category
on ebay cause i have seen them pop up there from time to time.

Will do. I've been seeing head for the 742. Only if there was a way to make a 742 head work on a 741...

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Just an update. I was able to find a control head on my trip at Hamvention. There was a guy nice enough to part out a 641 and definitely made my trip a successful one.

Status
Not open for further replies.