TM-V71A REV Doesn't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK6LWE

I'm a new ham and just brought a TM-V71A. Seems to be working great but now, when I push the REV button, nothing happens-- An "R" doesn't appear on the active radio and the receive frequency doesn't change. Maybe I've changed a setting that is causing this not to work, but I don't have a clue. The same issue happens on both 2m and 70cm.

Some additional details: The offset direction ("+" or "-") indicators appear on the display. An offset freq is programmed (600kHz on 2m, 5MHz on 440). The automatic repeater offset is (option 401) is ON.

Any help/suggestions are most welcome!

LtDoc

I don't have the manual handy so can't look things up, but off hand I don't remember anything that would affect that 'REV' button. It works on mine, that 'R' does appear when in the reverse mode. Don't know what to tell you...
- 'Doc

KK6LWE

More information ...

I tried power cycling the unit and now the REV feature works as advertised. I'll keep my eye on this ... I suspect that I somehow put the unit in a state where REV couldn't be activated.

Thanks for the replies!

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Is it possible that pushing the REV button on the frequency displayed would put the REV frequency out of the band? I've had that happen with my Kenwood.
BB

LtDoc

CBW -
If you have your repeater frequency programmed correctly the 'REV' button will not put you out of band. It switches the TX/RC frequencies, you listen on the input side and transmit on the output side.
- 'Doc

Status
Not open for further replies.