• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TM800U

Prospect62

If there are any HYT gurus here, I need help.

I recently obtained an HYT (Hytera) TM800(U) 450-512 mobile radio. Apparently this is the same radio as the Relm RMU800A, if that helps. After some net research, I believed I was on the right track when I found and purchased appropriate programming software called TM800M (V1.4.01.003). Unfortunately when trying to read the radio I get an error that states "this version is not compatible" or something to that effect. When trying to force a generic codeplug to the radio the software just freezes indefinitely, requiring a reboot. I've tried various tricks I've learned from years of using GE/Ericsson software for decades but to no avail.

Did some more digging and talked to the guy I bought the radio from and he stated he used software known as HM800E, but he isn't willing or able to send me a copy of it. Based on what I've read, I don't know where to find this version or if its even the right one. It seems unobtainable, anyway. Apparently these radios have at least 4 main versions of firmware and every firmware version has it's own programming software (!).

I think I need HM800E V2.1.12 - If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it. I don't normally fool with offshore brands but I got a good deal on this radio and it's actually perfect for what I'll need it for, so I want to try to make it work. Thanks.

Last edited: