TMobile Home Internet ok for feed providers

SaukScanR

Feed Provider
Looks like there might finally be some ISP competition in my area, and my Spectrum promo rate will be going away this fall.
Are there any feed providers that use TMobile 5G Home Internet? Does it work and is it allowed? See the screenshot I included from their site.

This is what concerns me:
Home Internet is not intended for unattended use, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections, or uses that automatically consume unreasonable amounts of available network capacity.

Attachments

• image_2024-06-06_004144828.png
    image_2024-06-06_004144828.png
    22.9 KB · Views: 11

BinaryMode

Does Broadcastify require port forwarding? If so, you're not doing that over cell Internet...

Ah, looks like there are several ways it can be done. In many it looks like port forwarding is a must. Due to NAT in a cell phone network, port forwarding will not work.

Other stuff involving a reverse VPN like ZeroTier One or Cloudflare Tunnel will...

And yeah, that ToS clearly states the obvious, i.e. no automated streaming so you help hog the system...

Last edited:

CKnobb

Premium Subscriber
I have it here as a backup, but it seems a lot more quirky than my Spectrum. With my Spectrum, there are 13 hops in the path to Broadcastify. With T-Mobile, there are 24. I do not need to port forward for the T-Mobile, but for me, it has been very unreliable., with random drops occurring. In fact, I don't think there is a user friendly way to port forward the T-Mobile router anyway. I upgraded my own router about a year ago and my Spectrum went from an unreliable 50-90 mbps to a very reliable 300+ to 500 mbps. Thus, I have kept T-Mobile as simply a backup at this time. Basically, it will work. Not rock solid for me. Your mileage may vary.

BinaryMode

Yeah, it would depend on whether you're near a tower that T-mobile has a lease with. If not, then expect bad coverage. Well, that and other factors...