TN Highway Patrol in Shelby Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Airdorn

Hi.

I live in Shelby County and I regularly see lots and lots of TN Highway Patrol out and about. (We used to call them State Troopers.. don't know when that changed!)

But I rarely hear a peep out of them using the frequencies listed for THP on this website's database. Over the course of 10 hours, one of their freqs, 42.560, for 251 'hits'. That just doesn't seem like a whole lot compared to the amount driving around in Shelby Co. at any given time.

Does anyone know all the frequencies, or the busiest ones? Maybe I'm not programing the right ones in, or doing it wrong somehow. THP doesn't use some statewide trunked system do they?

Thanks for any insight!

Airdorn

Also, on that freq. mentioned above, it seems like its always one side of the conversation - like a dispatcher acknowledging something.. or giving some info. about a motorist or something..

I guess I don't understand how their system works, and I'm apparently missing some freqs. :(

I am using the relevant (for my area) freqs. listed for THP that appear in the RR database.

Thanks for any info.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
On the THP low band, as with MHP low band, youll only hear the mobiles (cars) if they are close to you. You won't hear a lot of activity on the THP repeaters in Memphis/Shelby County. IF and WHEN TN gets its TRS actually off the ground and rolling, assuming THP doesn't encrypt, youll be able to hear both sides of the convo. Former Memhis resident, and monitored a lot when Shelby County was just transitioning to the Mototrola from the EDACS. Peace y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.