Tn Homeland Security D7 NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

bg_nashville

BG what site/sites are you monitoring and can you tell if you have all the channels and LCN?
I still what to spend a little more time on the west side it will just take me a little bit longer as it is about a hour and a half to Dover or New Johnsonville and it ends up taking 6 to 8 hours round trip and just can not get everything in that time frame.

I am able to monitor the Springfield and White House sites from my location. I think the frequencies and LCNs for the White House site are complete and correct in the DB.

I just did another run with the LCN finder to double check what I have for the Springfield site that posted in this thread on the Apr 7th. The only thing that I didn't have in that post was 454.54375. For some reason I had 454.34375 down as the control channel.

This is what I have as of tonight:

453.05000 (LCN Not Found)
454.27500 (164)
454.34375 (529)
454.35625 (530)
454.54375 (528) Control Channel
460.22500 (194)
460.32500 (215)

It looks like the only changes that need to be made in the DB is

Change the LCN for 454.34375 to 529
Change the LCN for 454.54375 to 528

I am not noticing any missing pieces of conversations on the Springfield site, so the frequency list is probably complete.

W5RGP

I’ve identified a bunch of the users on the dickson and Charlotte sites via radio id’s/ alias’s

Anyone interested or is there somewhere to send that info to the db

Just a quick hint too

All radio id’s 200 through 209 are dispatch terminals
And there are no dedicated dispatchers for ems / fire or law enforcement all dispatchers dispatch to any and all units for the entire county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
On the top toolbar on EVERY DB listing... SUBMIT INFORMATION tabs... Please use this to submit corrections, updates, and new data. TY in advance. :)

W5RGP

On the top toolbar on EVERY DB listing... SUBMIT INFORMATION tabs... Please use this to submit corrections, updates, and new data. TY in advance. :)

So we can submit radio id’s / Alias’s ?

bg_nashville

I just noticed that after upgrading to 1.16 I am occasionally receiving OTA aliases. Why are there aliases for some transmissions and none for others?

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I just noticed that after upgrading to 1.16 I am occasionally receiving OTA aliases. Why are there aliases for some transmissions and none for others?

Only if they are programmed

Sent from my iPhone 8 using Tapatalk Pro
Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

bg_nashville

Only if they are programmed

Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

An example of what I’m seeing is Cheatham County’s SO dispatch having an alias appear on some transmissions but the UID on others.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
An example of what I’m seeing is Cheatham County’s SO dispatch having an alias appear on some transmissions but the UID on others.
it will only show if it is broadcast, and if you catch the talkgroup in mid conversation it may not show, you would need to compare it with DSD

W5RGP

Yea that system is so Mis configured it’s a wonder an officer hasn’t gotten hurt yet because of it

But that’s the way Greer communication has always been even with the old analog system they had when I was with the dickson county sheriffs office

Half the time you hoped ur cellphone would have service where you were going because you already knew the radio wasn’t gonna work

Using dsd plus about half the system transmits alias’s and the other half doesn’t

I’m wondering if they charge extra to do that and some department use it and some don’t

It’s hit or mis which radios will transmit and which won’t the alias’s

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Just one more prime example of WHY you DO NOT mix Public Safety and Business on the SAME system when that system is a mixed bag crap shoot business system at heart. A thing that they are just starting to learn in the South. Especially in AR, and TN where you have good ole boys that are buried to the hilt in incestous business dealings in regards to radio, and IT departments of Pubic Safety and questionable ethics of telecommunications shops.... But hey, Bubba saved Bobby Earl a million taxpayer dollars on XYZ system so y'all stop beachin bout it okay. That bonus check pays for that trip to the Bahamas. So what if Joey can not talk to dispatch when Meth Head Steve is poppin caps at him. :roll:

W5RGP

Just one more prime example of WHY you DO NOT mix Public Safety and Business on the SAME system when that system is a mixed bag crap shoot business system at heart. A thing that they are just starting to learn in the South. Especially in AR, and TN where you have good ole boys that are buried to the hilt in incestous business dealings in regards to radio, and IT departments of Pubic Safety and questionable ethics of telecommunications shops.... But hey, Bubba saved Bobby Earl a million taxpayer dollars on XYZ system so y'all stop beachin bout it okay. That bonus check pays for that trip to the Bahamas. So what if Joey can not talk to dispatch when Meth Head Steve is poppin caps at him. :roll:

[emoji16][emoji16][emoji106]

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber

Hit the nail on the head

Jason WX4JCW
Unication G4, BCD536HP

surfacemount

Knox / Roane / Loudon counties, Tennessee
Just one more prime example of WHY you DO NOT mix Public Safety and Business on the SAME system when that system is a mixed bag crap shoot business system at heart.

I remember when Knox County had their motorola analog trunking system initially spun up.

They needed more financial buy-in, and the MSS said it wasn't a capacity issue, so... they begged *everybody* to jump on the trunk.

Not enough towers, not enough channels, and so in one TG you had KPD 1A, the next was UT Knoxville janitorial. Sort of worked ok, until the site controller went into failsoft, and now you had K-Trans yammering at the same time KCSO 2A and 2C and public works and .... lol

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I remember when Knox County had their motorola analog trunking system initially spun up.

They needed more financial buy-in, and the MSS said it wasn't a capacity issue, so... they begged *everybody* to jump on the trunk.

Not enough towers, not enough channels, and so in one TG you had KPD 1A, the next was UT Knoxville janitorial. Sort of worked ok, until the site controller went into failsoft, and now you had K-Trans yammering at the same time KCSO 2A and 2C and public works and .... lol

UTK... That is a STATE Institution not a business, and the Knox County system was NEVER a SMR business system. This supposed Homeland Security system is a mix of SMR Business systems, school systems, public safety users... ALL on a system meant for business use from the get go. Just as wrong minded as the Sevier County crap shoot is.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Awesome, I will test it out on a couple of NexEDGE systems here in INDY over the weekend.

Business

UTK... That is a STATE Institution not a business, and the Knox County system was NEVER a SMR business system. This supposed Homeland Security system is a mix of SMR Business systems, school systems, public safety users... ALL on a system meant for business use from the get go. Just as wrong minded as the Sevier County crap shoot is.

Oh they think it is a business... Raking in all that tuition money. This barley scratches the surface of all their issues. I would NEVER go to UT even if tuition was free books free food free and if I had a female room mate no way!! Trust me I can learn things my way if I need to find out something on this machine here and with MILF and Donniedog etc better tech professors than UT hahaha...

W5RGP

we have a few sites using the same freq as other sites

just noticed this

453.050000 Mcewen & Springfield
453.387500 Dickson & Whitehouse
460.187500 Dickson & Whitehouse
460.325000 Charlotte & Springfield
460.637500 Hurricane Mills & Cedar Hill
461.837500 Woodlawn & Pleasant View

W5RGP

Thanks Bob this will make my trip a little better knowing part of the list.

hey thought id answer you here instead of the repair campaign thread
no i havent got in line for a sds100 yet but soon though lol

I just acquired 2 more 536's and another 436 was a deal i could not pass up and it bit into my sds100 savings fund LOL

atleast the NXDN upgrade was still on sale for all 3 436 already had dmr but was another $120 for dmr on the other 2 536's

so back to saving again

when i get home end of the month my 3 536's and 2 436's will spend alot of time on the homeland sites

Status
Not open for further replies.