TN Homeland Security Dist7 NXDN

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSkippy

Premium Subscriber
All the threads I find for Dist7 discussions are shut down so cant ask there and need some help. I bought a SDS100 a month ago loaded with NXDN/DMR/ProVoice keys new from B* Warehouse and the scanner shows that the keys are activated. I live in Clarksville (west) and have yet to receive any transmissions other than a partial snippet of a sentence very rarely. I have Sentinel and downloaded the Dist7 into its own Favorite list to only monitor it and still nothing and have done it several times I am missing something and cannot figure out what. Is there something I need to do to download an NXDN list that isn't like any other list, change something on the scanner?. Also I have contacted the place of purchase and they cant help much as it is a local programming thing, they did suggest having someone who has their Dist7 working to email me their Sentinel "hpe" file to try. Can anyone help me figure this out? and why are the threads shut down?

TNDispatcher

Premium Subscriber
Its encrypted. U will only hear a little bit on this system unfortunately. I try to monitor the dickson site and have the same issue. Text me if u wanna chat about it 9319969266

JSkippy

Premium Subscriber
I knew CPD is encrypted but wasn't aware EMS, Fire, Gas and Water, and CDE is as well. I'm not picking up anything, even from nearby counties, are they not on repeaters?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I just drove through Clarksville last month and was hearing some radio traffic NOT CLARKSVILLE PD worked fine on my SDS100 BCD436 BCD325P2 you need to play with your filters in the SDS100.

FLPage

Premium Subscriber
Actually, Clarksville Fire and PD are on the statewide TACN system with part-time encryption. As for the District 7 NXDN system, my department in Cheatham County does not use encryption and I think the only full-time encryption channels are the sheriff departments in Montgomery and Humphreys Counties. Dickson City and County PDs, I think, use part-time encryption. Most everything else you should be able to hear clearly from whoever is connecting to the repeater sites you can receive.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
I will post this answer in the open
This is a Trunking System you must program all frequencies listed for the site and enter all LNC in the correct order along with each TG you want to listen to as a NXDN Trunking System.

Status
Not open for further replies.