TN Homeland Security District 5 intercity

Status
Not open for further replies.

wxwarn285

Tonight at 9 p.m. Central Time picked up from South Nashville heard Metro ECC call intercity net on 460.5375 analog mode, THP did not check in lol she called it District 5 Homeland Security Intercity net at the end. I have never saw this listed in the database as this other then being listed in Williamson County EMA as ops. First time ever hearing this on UHF.

wxwarn285

Didn't get tone since I heard it on my ham mobile. I programmed it into my Pro-197 and as soon as I get a reading I will post it.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
And guys since the freq is liced under same one as TBI, close monitoring of the TBI freqs for other tones in use of them by DHS ops is needed. Should be easy enough to differentiate between DHS and TBI lol... TBI is now always P25 and always full time Encrypted!

155.370 intercity does not use PL tone. It us DTMF tone for the agency you are calling.

INDY72

This is for the uhf in use by dhs and also note its an FB2T so its got portable trailers.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

wxwarn285

I have had my HT locked on 460.5375 for about 30 minutes now and I am hearing a half second tone being transmitted every 5 minutes, any thoughts on what that is?

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I believe Williamson County is using 460.5375 as a UHF link to their Intercity base station which is located in a separate location from their Dispatch.
I have also heard that some of the departments around Nashville are using DTMF decode on their Intercity base stations. Each department has a distinct DTMF code to bring up their receiver. I think they also have an all call code to open them all simultaneously for that net.
Here in West TN we still use Intercity in carrier squelch mode as a point to point frequency for West TN Dispatches to contact each other.

I don't understand there are two talkgroups for each region (East, Central, and West) on the TACN system just for PSAP's to use and they do not have to pay a fee. The eastern PSAP 1 gets used regularly between the counties and THP and they run a net weekly to test each county. Why are the resources not being utilized when they are available?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
It is old school thought. I do not think this way but several of others do. Plus you have Radio Shops that do not sell Radios the will work on the TACN System so they help keep this old way of thinking alive so they keep their customers.
#1 Why buy a new radio when I have a radio that works for my needs.
#2 Trunking systems are not reliable.
#3 If you want to talk to me you will use the radio system I have.

jpryor

The linked intercity traffic on 460.5375 from Williamson County has a PL 103.5, and from what I have heard is always linked full time to 155.3700. Unlike Wilson and Sumner county which will only link their UHF intercity repeaters into 155.3700 during a net or potentially if needed for other purposes. I've not heard Williamson County talk within county on their 460.5375, just a link to the 155.3700 nets, compared to Wilson/Sumner which use their UHF intercity repeaters for PSAP/dispatch coordination within county all the time when not linked. Definitely DTMF in use, you will here DTMF tones drop before the nets. In Wilson County, on the UHF repeater you will here the controller speak "Wilson County All Call" once linked for the net, and later you will hear "Intercity Link Down" when unlinking.

Never figured out the rationale on the schedule for the District 5 Intercity radio nets, when they are up they are running at 1AM, 9AM, 9PM. At other times it seems to go weeks or even months without having the District 5 routine nets.

jpryor

Actually does look like Williamson County PSAPs will use the 460.5375 for coordination within county, just went through some recent recording logs and seeing they are utilizing in that fashion as well. I had stopped listening directly mostly due to that annoying channel marker like tone that comes up all the time. (about as annoying as the VTNMA, UTNMA, 8TNMA, MEDTALK repeaters that key up and hang for ~20 seconds all the time for no apparent reason).

jimg

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand there are two talkgroups for each region (East, Central, and West) on the TACN system just for PSAP's to use and they do not have to pay a fee. The eastern PSAP 1 gets used regularly between the counties and THP and they run a net weekly to test each county. Why are the resources not being utilized when they are available?

What does PSAP stand for and can these be monitored on TACN? If so, what are the talk group numbers?

INDY72

Public Safety Answering Point. 911 call center. Dispatch center.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Public Safety Answering Point. 911 call center. Dispatch center.

So do these PSAP talk to each other, like 155.37 intercity. If so, what would be the talkgroup numbers for east and central Tennessee?

INDY72

We have the main THP one listed. Others we are searching for. That's what scanning is about. Discovering.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
Primarily a back up to other comm avenues as a back up should hard line comms go down.

Status
Not open for further replies.