TO ADMINS: RE NYPD Pct 1-13 CW 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

one11sgt

CW 3 is the only channel that should stay Lindsay. It is used for traffic control. CW 1 and 2 are used for tactical communications. Not event communications. Events are conducted on the Boro channels like PBM PBBX PBQ PBBK and PBSI. CW 1 is also home to the Critical Response detail which is the counter terrorism teams also not coordinated or dispatched by a dispatcher.
CW 1 and 2 are basically a repeated tactical channel. Used by special units in the NYPD. They are not routine call channels or general logistical channels for events. They are used for sensitive communications and officer deployment.

Last edited:

Confuzzled

I think what we are going to do is to have the provider remove CW3 from the feed. It sounds to me like CW1 and CW2 are being used for special events type communications. I consider this protest a special events operation for the NYPD.

Agreed. Same as any other fair or parade.

If you allow coverage of motorcades of Heads of State and other Diplomats and don't consider those tactical threats, I don't see an issue here.

one11sgt

I obviously am im favor of the removal Lindsay, but this is your site and I respect which ever decision you make. Im just trying to provide the most accurate info I can so you can make the most informed decision you can. Thanks for your time and attention

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
My understanding is that it may take a few hours for this to happen due to the provider not being able to immediately make the changes, however he is aware and has acknowledged our requests.

In most TOS violation cases we terminate the feed immediately and ask questions later, but this issue obviously rides a fine line (from both our understanding and the provider's understating).

Thanks again for everyone's feedback and help.

emcomm

Are there dedicated dispatchers on CW1 and CW2 for this event?

They have tactical temporary command posts (more than one) and they have a dedicated person who functions as a dispatcher, but more as a central radio operator in his case as they are not actually dispatching calls.

The regular/typical calls are being dispatched on the areas regular zone such as the 1, 5, and 7 precincts channel.

Confuzzled

Why then would you allow coverage of motorcades which obviously pose a much more severe threat?

one11sgt

Why then would you allow coverage of motorcades which obviously pose a much more severe threat?

I dont think that should be allowed either. And now it wont be as this SENSATIVE and TACTICAL info is broadcast only on CW 1 which is now being removed.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator

How would coverage of a motorcase pose a "much more severe threat" ?? Those communications consist of "we are passing such-and-such" and "make sure so-and-so intersection is blocked."

Dude, Confuzzled, give it up. And check your email while you are at it.

I am closing this thread - we are taking action on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.