to directional or anntenna or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

dintdinger

i get gurgling on some transmissions only ten miles from a tower on my trunked systems(not conventional) would a directional anntenna help or is there a global setting on my pro107 that would help?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Are you sure it's not encrypted voice, or is this a different noise? Another possibility is that the radio is overloaded by a nearby strong frequency. Did you try attenuation?

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
Directional Antenna or Not

One other thing to ask?

Do you have the 'PL Tones' input correctly on all frequencies? Some scanner do-not have this capability, but if yours does ensure to input them as it will greatly help on cutting down some (not all) interference....also check both the coax connectors (wiring) and grounding, as this too is a huge source of interference at times as well...

Best of Luck

Astrak

One other thing to ask?

Do you have the 'PL Tones' input correctly on all frequencies? Some scanner do-not have this capability, but if yours does ensure to input them as it will greatly help on cutting down some (not all) interference....also check both the coax connectors (wiring) and grounding, as this too is a huge source of interference at times as well...

Best of Luck

It's a trunked system, it might have a connect tone but I don't believe that can be set by the user. I'm a little confused though, you say you have a PRO107, the PRO107 is not a digital capable scanner.

dintdinger

im sorry.. its a pro 106.. im not sure about pl tones it doesnt show this in my user that i see thus far. is this a global setting?

dintdinger

i tried attenuation and that didnt help. i was told that i should have a omni directional antenna, but dont know which one to buy... can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.