Today 8 May 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Interesting start. Went by the Airport today, and saw a couple of military Helicopters parked on the East side by the Executive Building. They appeared to be H-53 Pave Low choppers. I tried, but couldn't get a good view of them.
I have also been picking up asst encrypted traffic on the Fed VHF band. Not sure if the two are related (probably not), but thought I'd throw it out here.

fastattackus

I saw these two fly up parleys canyon. They are not painted like army. They are gray like navy but no markings. They also both had a long tank attached on the left skid. I think I saw a story about them last month when I was in las vegas. If they are the same helicopters (and I think they are) they have radiation detecting equipment on them. (the external tanks) They map an area and get a baseline radiation signature, then they can go back through the area at any time and compare to see if anything has changed. The pilot they interviewed in vegas said that if someone just had radiation treatment in the hospital and walked outside, he could see their radiation signature with his equipment if he flew over them. More of the homeland security money.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
Did you see them fly out today? They were parked at the airport a little after noon. The paint scheme (as best I could tell) was Navy.

I'm kinda curious about why they were parked behind the Executive Building instead of over at the National Guard facility.

Did anyone see them flying around the valley this past week?

Status
Not open for further replies.