Toddler needs help!

Unassuming2

I'm brand new to this type of scanning. My last scanner was a Bearcat Trunk tracker. I now have a dongle, using HDSDR software. Looking at this interface, it may as well be NASA Nuclear Reactor Control Panel! I have no idea what I'm looking at! I'm trying to get setup to listen to my local PD, South Fulton Police. Can someone point me in the right direction? I spent many days last week trying to get SDRSharp to work, to no avail.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
well, what is your local PD?
OP answered...
South Fulton Police.
What make & model SDR are you using? You'll need a trunk tracking SDR app like SDRTrunk (free) to bring in your county's TRS. DSDPlus Fastlane is another paid app alternative but it has a much steeper learning curve, more steps to take, files to modify, etc to get trunking to work properly. HDSDR & SDRSharp are only good for conventional (non-trunked) monitoring

Last edited:

Unassuming2

OP answered...

What make & model SDR are you using? You'll need a trunk tracking SDR app like SDRTrunk (free) to bring in your county's TRS. DSDPlus Fastlane is another paid app alternative but it has a much steeper learning curve, more steps to take, files to modify, etc to get trunking to work properly. HDSDR & SDRSharp are only good for conventional (non-trunked) monitoring
I'm using the Nooelec RTL-SDR v5.