Toledo Fire - Medics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I know TFD use "Rescue" for the call sign of their BLS ambulances but I have been hearing "Medic" lately along with the normal "Rescue".

Does anyone know if TFD is getting into the ALS transport business too? Will this replace the LCEMS squads based in Toledo? Thanks.

scottmaumee

Toledo will do anything they can to make money because they are usually broke as a joke. The got into the ambulance business about 6 or 7 years ago. This put a big hurt on their previous go-to, MedCorp (out of business). They say its a continuation of care .. blah blah blah. They get there first, begin treatment, and nothing gets lost in the transfer from them to the second string players .. translation ... $$$. As for TFD replacing LCEMS, if they haven't by now, it probably won't happen.

On a majority of the TFD runs, LCEMS is also dispatched as well. My neighborhood is covered by TFD Station 11 and LCEMS #7 out of Maumee in most instances. Funny thing is, with Toledo wanting to cash in .. LCEMS does the transport most of the time.

firenresq77

Just a nomenclature thing. The old "Rescue" units are now "Medics". Its a NIMS thing with new CAD starting and trying to be more in line with the other FDs in the area. Their Trucks are now Tower Ladders and the Squads are now Rescue, Rescue Squad or Heavy Rescue (depending on who's talking).

Status
Not open for further replies.