Toledo Life Flight Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I get a lot of MARCS traffic on TG 18960 which is tagged in the RRDB as LF-ADMIN. I never heard anything that sounded like "administration" traffic but more like dispatch. I've never heard anything on TG 18896 which is marked in the RRDB as LF-DISP.

On 18960 the helicopters call "life flight comm".

Has something changed or been updated or is this simply wrong?

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I get a lot of MARCS traffic on TG 18960 which is tagged in the RRDB as LF-ADMIN. I never heard anything that sounded like "administration" traffic but more like dispatch. I've never heard anything on TG 18896 which is marked in the RRDB as LF-DISP.

On 18960 the helicopters call "life flight comm".

Has something changed or been updated or is this simply wrong?

Names don't always literally mean what they would seem to mean. It may be more of a catch-all channel; for example, some fire departments in the Columbus area (until recently) had an "admin" talkgroup which was used for a variety of uses including training as well as administrative chat.

SCPD

QRT
Names don't always literally mean what they would seem to mean. It may be more of a catch-all channel; for example, some fire departments in the Columbus area (until recently) had an "admin" talkgroup which was used for a variety of uses including training as well as administrative chat.

Yep. And that's exactly why I wouldn't want the full DB in a Uniden x36HP to overwrite favorites lists. :)

I pretty much change ALL the tag descriptions.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
Toledo Life Flight seems to occasionally switch around what TGs they use. They used to do everything on LF-DISP and now the last few weeks have been using LF-ADMIN for everything. Keep all the TGs programmed, you never know which one they may use next.

Mike

SCPD

QRT
Toledo Life Flight seems to occasionally switch around what TGs they use. They used to do everything on LF-DISP and now the last few weeks have been using LF-ADMIN for everything. Keep all the TGs programmed, you never know which one they may use next.

Mike

OK very good. I wouldn't think I actually would be hearing them unless they had a unit affiliated with the Cleveland area which I'm in. I don't think I heard them at all yesterday but in the prior week heard them a lot.
Was just curious about the ADMIN vs DISP thing. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.