Toll roads in Round Rock, Austin, Williamson, and Travis Counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5TWX

I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find anything in the Database about it. Does anyone have any frequencies for this system? I just recently moved fairly close to their Plaza on the east side of Round Rock. I was thinking about hanging out close by with my frequency counter one day and see if I can detect anything. I know DPS patrols the system, but I was wondering about any other communications.

Post up if you have any info to share...

garyva

DPS patrols the toll roads in Williamson and Travis Counties (except 183A), and uses their normal comms. They don't talk a bunch, and there's no distinction as to their radio IDs to shout they're assigned to the toll roads. In Williamson, they'll primarily be on Call 1 or Call 2 on the Wilco TRS depending on which side of I-35 they're on (if 45 or 130).

Cedar Park PD won the contract with CTRMA to do 183A, and I believe they just use CPPD primary on the Wilco TRS.

In Travis County, as far as I know, DPS uses their own radio net primarily (and sometimes the troopers in Wilco will also for various reasons.)

Status
Not open for further replies.