Tone Detect

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Is there a tone detect software you can use detect the tones on a frequency (say one for the fire dept like 154.340 and it detect all tones on that frequency

I was looking at the two tone detect software that l has seen on this site thus far. I think you need to know the tone freqs to have it detect for you ( I may be wrong).

thanks

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
Is there a tone detect software you can use detect the tones on a frequency (say one for the fire dept like 154.340 and it detect all tones on that frequency

I was looking at the two tone detect software that l has seen on this site thus far. I think you need to know the tone freqs to have it detect for you ( I may be wrong).

You might want to take a look at what I have been using for a few years now: Two Tone Decoder from Com Tekk. It is great!
ComTekk Two-Tone Decoder
For a few dollars more, he also offer a more advanced version (Multi Tone Decoder) the does not only two tone, but CTCSS, DCS and DTMF detection as well:
ComTekk Multi Tone Decoder

Both programs offer about every option that you could ask for (like unattended operation).

I have no interest in this company other than using their software, and the owner is great to work with, offering about the best tech support that you can find anywhere. When he updates any of his software packages with new features, etc., you get an email notifying you and they are free for the downloading.

Even though I have scanners that are able to 'read' two tone frequencies build-in, I actually prefer using this software, as it is always accurate and I can just let it run and do it's thing while I am not sitting in front of it waiting for a tone set to go out.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.