BCT15X: Tone out and Minitor 6

pvnh

Hello all,
I have been using my BCT15x's tone out for function to search for the EMS and group tones in town. Because what I have been putting into my minitor 6 is not alerting off these tones, I have a couple of days worth of data from the tone out function. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.
EMS a/b 616.9/765.3 and 616.8/766.0 and 615.1/766.2
Group a/b 617.0/1123.4 and 617.9/1123.6 and 615.1/1122.1

pvnh

In the programming software, to get that high of a tone, I had to change the tone system to Motorola and then the box with 3 dots showed up next to the tone 1 and tone 2 columns and clicking on them gave me the options that you suggested.

Attachments

• m6 tones.JPG
    m6 tones.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 24
  • tone table.JPG
    tone table.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 24

gary123

mmckenna is correct. The minitor will want the proper group tones sent by the console. Many of the off air decoders and scanners use a modified frequency counter to get the tone frequency's used. The usual process is as mmckenna describes. take the decoded tone frequency and look for its closest match in the paging group list. You should also find that other page tones from the same service will fall into the same groups.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Like it was stated before, scanners operate on the "Close Enough" standard for toneouts, while Minitors need a tighter tolerance.

Here is a chart I put together of common codes used by manufacturers, usually they select tones from the same group or company so you can compare the decoded tones for ones that are related and close to that displayed on the scanner.

Attachments

• TwoTones.pdf
    81 KB · Views: 30

pvnh

I'm disappointed to say that the pager did not go off with the above screenshot using the QC2 settings.