Tone-Out Codes in Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

W6OMT

Hi, folks.

Was wondering if any of you (admin and users) thought it would be a good idea to include tone-out codes in the database for agencies that you happen to know the codes for. I just got a new BCD-996T and have been having fun with the Tone-Out feature on it while listening to the West Covina (CA) Fire Department. I thought it might be kind of nice to share that info for other folks who might want to program their scanners with some tone-out codes.

I envision the data in the database to be in the form of a table, with one column being "Tone-Out For" (or possibly "Name"), indicating what particular resource (Engine 1, Truck 2, etc.) the tone-out code was for, and then two columns for the two tone frequencies. Additional information might be the tone group used (for example, West Covina FD uses GE series A tones for both tones).

Any thoughts and/or comments?

Thanks,
Howard, W6OMT

Last edited:

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Howard - good feedback. Right now we store tone out codes in the database in the codes and lists section for a county or agency - no formal table yet.

I'll consider a feature enhancement to update this to a more formalized approach.

Premium Subscriber
I have submitted tone out data and it is very much in the format you have mentioned. I think the currant system has worked well in the RR database.
Most of the issues seem to be with people not being able to find the data. On that note if anyone has tones they need decoded I will be happy to do that for you....it has turned into a nice hobby. PM me for more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.