tone out question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Partsman

I have a 396xt and want to search for a tone out, however, Lifelink uses a different tone signal than our local fire departments....it is a fast hi-lo signal that goes hi lo around 3-4 times to alert them to a call.....how would I go about decoding this signal if it can be done? Also, they do not use and CTSS, DCS, or P25 NAC codes, so it is my guess that their radios are silent until the tone activates the squelch...am I right? or is there something I am missing???? I find it hard to believe they don't use some kind of PL......thanks for your help

John

cdknapp

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like what you are hearing is a 'warble' tone. If that is in fact the case, this is just another 'alert' tone (like some places use a 1000 Hz tone) you would not be able to decode it. It also would mean that they are not getting 'toned-out' for call, but that their monitor(s) are not on a tone mode, but actually open (listening) all the time. The alert tone in that case would let them know that the dispatcher is looking for them for a call. Any of this would not be dependent on if there were a pl tone used or not.

1Partsman

Dave thanks for the info....they share the frequency and with some of the 'trash' that is on it, I find it hard to believe they tolerate it....actually stuff against FCC rules....lots of profanity too...

thanks again

John

JASII

Memory Capacity
Tone Out Question

Can you post the frequency and location for this? I have both a BCD396XT and a BCD996XT. My local fire departments often send alert tones in addition to their two tones. It seems to be either two tone alternating 800 hZ and 1500 hZ. I don't recall at the moment if the two tone alert is medical and the single tone is fire, but I have been thinking of trying to set two channels up as follows:

-Channel 1 154.875 A : 800.0Hz / B : 1500.0Hz

-Channel 2 154.875 A :1500.0Hz / B : 800.0Hz

The reason that I would configure it as two channels is because when they hit the alert tone, sometimes it starts with 800 hZ, but other times it starts with 1500 hZ. I think with the above configuration you should get it in either case. I will try this and post my results.

ffexpCP

wizard of odd
Database Admin
The scanner will alert on the standard alert tones found on most Motorola consoles.

scannersnstuff

Can you post the frequency and location for this? I have both a BCD396XT and a BCD996XT. My local fire departments often send alert tones in addition to their two tones. It seems to be either two tone alternating 800 hZ and 1500 hZ. I don't recall at the moment if the two tone alert is medical and the single tone is fire, but I have been thinking of trying to set two channels up as follows:

-Channel 1 154.875 A : 800.0Hz / B : 1500.0Hz

-Channel 2 154.875 A :1500.0Hz / B : 800.0Hz

The reason that I would configure it as two channels is because when they hit the alert tone, sometimes it starts with 800 hZ, but other times it starts with 1500 hZ. I think with the above configuration you should get it in either case. I will try this and post my results.

sometimes they do the reverse tones because the alerting receivers may have been prog. backwards..

Status
Not open for further replies.