Tone out question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrl44430

I have tone out set up for my local fire department. Sometimes I hear no voice after the tones, other times I hear the rest of the call. Is there a set amount of time the radio unmutes after receiving the tones?

RBMTS

The "delay" time is programmable. It could be that the dispatch center is letting too much time pass between the tones and the voice, and your 325 is auto resetting. Go to "Tone-Out For" --> "Tone-Out Setup --> "Select Tone-Out" (and select which location you have it in) --> "Set Delay Time" . You can select various times from 0 seconds (instant reset) to infinite. My suggestion would be to change it to infinite to see if that solves the problem. Then maybe back it down to 30 seconds or whatever you feel comfortable with.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
It is also possible that the dispatcher may have a problem on their end. While not often, I've seen the same thing happen when the dispatcher gets the tone sequence started, but fails to select the dispatch frequency on their console. Or the dispatcher's headset is not plugged in. Or they didn't push the foot pedal transmit all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.