SDS100/SDS200: Tone Out Search missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
New to the fire tone outs... I set up two “known” tone pairs, but would like to search for others. I don’t have a search option in the tone-out menu, and can only monitor for the known/programmed sets. What am I missing? Marks and Unidens manuals are pretty light on this. Thank you!

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
doctordialtone: Yes - Setting up a quick search key (F+SRCH2) brings up the same Standby mode with the known frequency and tone pairs.
Eng74 - Tried this also. This doesn't decode anything (this is Riverside/Cal Fire, btw) I'm 'held' on the Tone-Out "channel" with the two tones set to 0.0/0.0.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
New to the fire tone outs... I set up two “known” tone pairs, but would like to search for others. I don’t have a search option in the tone-out menu, and can only monitor for the known/programmed sets. What am I missing? Marks and Unidens manuals are pretty light on this. Thank you!
I have never seen a uniden scanner that lets you search for tones, you have to have the tones first and put them in as far as I know. also what scanner do you have
Steve

Eng74

I have never seen a uniden scanner that lets you search for tones, you have to have the tones first and put them in as far as I know. also what scanner do you have
Steve
Starting with the 396XT/996XT/346XT/15XT along with the BCD*36 and SDS you can decode the fire tone outs with the radio.

Mikek

Premium Subscriber
Got it working - Turns out that the Riverside County (California) Fire/CAL-Fire tones are too short to decode reliably.
ENG74's advise was spot on. Thanks all!

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am using Tone-Out Search on my Uniden SDS100 right now. I also have Butel ARC536PRO. For determining tones and usage, am I better off simply using the SDS100 record function or using the Butel ARC536PRO?

Right now I am in the Tone-Out Search mode. It decodes the Tone A and the Tone B, but then remains in Tone-Out Hold mode until I manually change it back to Tone-Out Search. How to I set up to return to Tone-Out Search after it has decoded and recorded/logged?

Last edited:

Eng74

Set a short delay to 30 seconds. Hopefully you will get enough of a transmission to know what unit is getting toned out.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Thank you for the reply. I ahve been playing around with the settings and it still goes from:

Tone-Out Search, to

Tone-Out Hold,

when it decodes tones, but never returns to Tone-Out Search on it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.