BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Tone outs questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ffbryce1

Premium Subscriber
I have a few questions all under the same topic. First off is there a way to have the tone out feature go off with out being in tone out standby mode? Also our department has 3 stations and a mutual aid station that each get toned out separately. I was wondering if I could set it up like a pager where I put sounds for different stations after each tone so if a structure fire where to come over, they would page out district one and my scanner would play a custom sound, and then district 2 would get toned out and my scanner would play a different custom sound, and then district 3 gets toned out (I live right down the street from them) so this would be a unique tone and it would go off, then mutual aid (auto toned out with us) would be a different tone. But if just district 1 and 3 get toned out I want these sounds only to go off. I would love to do this in scan mode rather than tone out standby as I can not see who is talking and I like to turn off certain favorites when we have a fire toned out. I was recording once when a structure fire came over and it recorded every single tone so I was wondering if I could go back in the recording and find the frequency to set it at? One last question, the problem I have with tone out is I do not always have the frequency, I do have the TGID though and do not know if that would work? Thank you very much for reading this and answers would be appreciated greatly.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
is there a way to have the tone out feature go off with out being in tone out standby mode?

No.

2nd Q: The scanner is going to only custom tone first page received.

3rd Q (I think...hard to parse big monolithic paragraph): There is some software you can use to determine the tones from a recording. I cannot recall, right now but probably either Google or someone here can answer.

Last Q: Tone-out mode does not work on trunked systems, so TGID won't work.

(note for the future, above wasn't terrible, but could be answered/read more easily if questions were separated and numbered...you will get clearer replies, too)

Ffbryce1

Premium Subscriber
To: UPman

Alright I will redo this and just say what has been answered already.

Four questions:

#1 Is there a way to have the tone out feature go off with out being in tone out standby mode?

#2 Our department has 3 stations and a mutual aid station that each get toned out separately. I was wondering if I could set it up like a pager where I put sounds for different stations after each tone so if a structure fire where to come over, they would page out district one and my scanner would play a custom sound, and then district 2 would get toned out and my scanner would play a different custom sound, and then district 3 gets toned out (I live right down the street from them) so this would be a unique tone and it would go off, then mutual aid (auto toned out with us) would be a different tone. But if just district 1 and 3 get toned out I want these sounds only to go off.

#3 I was recording once when a structure fire came over and it recorded every single tone so I was wondering if I could go back in the recording and find the frequency to set it at?

#4 Last one, the problem I have with tone out is I do not always have the frequency, I do have the TGID though and do not know if that would work?

Thank you very much for reading this and answers would be appreciated greatly.

So now that is fixed, is there any way you might think about upgrading this in the future?

My 1st, 2nd, and 4th questions were all answered. Waiting on replies from someone else to answer 3rd. And I will remember to do this next time, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.