tones and how to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycirnwrkr

http://www.nf2g.com/scannist/index.html from this page i am trying to put in the tones with the butel software, the column ctcss/dcs choices simply dont go to the numbers listed in the above page...what am i doing wrong, or am i not understanding something? (I am doing local Fire department freq's of like 46.30)

Last edited:

LarrySC

Tones like 127.3 are standard. Tones like 025 or 721 are digital. Both will program with no problem. Are you using the drop down window or trying to do it manual.??????????

Last edited:

nycirnwrkr

i am using the drop down window, and the tone i need doesn't exist there,at least the one from the page i listed, so i tried to type it in but it clears itself. making me nuts

JoeyC

Sounds like you are trying to enter station alerting tones where CTCSS or DCS goes. Make sure you understand the difference. What agency are you trying to program?

JoeyC

Your profile doesn't show it, and you didn't post in the correct forum. People from all over the world read these message boards.

olivebridge? state? country? who dispatches for them?

nycirnwrkr

well its ny, not sure who dispatches. How do i find out? and i thouught this is a the place to post my question... i apologise...I am kinda new to the digital scanning thing, i used to use crystals, banks of them

JoeyC

According to what I've found, Olivebridge NY is in Ulster Co NY. Fire/EMS toneouts on 33.48 mHz and 46.3 is fireground. You don't need any tones to listen to either freq. If you want your scanner to alert to Olive only, you need a 396 or 996 (I think) and Butel doesn't program those (AFAIK) and I don't have either of those radios, so I'm of no further help.

Oh and voice dispatch looks to be on 46.46. But I'm in CA, what do I know?...

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
nycirnwrkr said:
http://www.nf2g.com/scannist/index.html from this page i am trying to put in the tones with the butel software, the column ctcss/dcs choices simply dont go to the numbers listed in the above page...what am i doing wrong, or am i not understanding something? (I am doing local Fire department freq's of like 46.30)

The tones you refer to are not CTCSS/DCS tones so you can't program them in the ctcss/dcs column (ctcss/dcs tones are listed in the scanner user manual).

If your scanner is a BCD396/996 or BCT 15 you can program them using the 'Fire tone out' option.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Status
Not open for further replies.