Tones on 996

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I have a question can you put tones in on the conventional freqs and still be able to receive P25 freqs? I thought I read it on here somewhere you could not but wanted to make sure.

I need to put a couple tones in a few freqs that are giving me fits but I monitor P25 also

D

DaveNF2G

The OP's question is not clear.

Do you want to monitor some analog frequencies along with some [different] P25 frequencies? You can do that.

Do you want to know whether a given frequency is analog or P25? To do that, you need to program the channel in FM mode only with no tone squelch or tone search.

blackacid

I believe he is wanting to know if he can program a tone on a few conventional channels and be able to still scan that and the p25 system at the same time as he is getting interference on a conventional channel.

As far as I know you can program tones in the conventional channels and still scan p25 too. As long as you don't program tones on the p25 system it should be good to go.

Now what you can't do is use fire tone out and scan the p25 system at the same time.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I believe he is wanting to know if he can program a tone on a few conventional channels and be able to still scan that and the p25 system at the same time as he is getting interference on a conventional channel.

As far as I know you can program tones in the conventional channels and still scan p25 too. As long as you don't program tones on the p25 system it should be good to go.

Now what you can't do is use fire tone out and scan the p25 system at the same time.

Yes you were correct this is what I was wanting to do. So I guess I will add the tones then and thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.