Tons of EAMs For 2 Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgescan

There are a bunch of continuous EAMs being transmitted tonight for the last two hours so far on 4724kHz USB to the exclusion of 11175, 8992, and 15016. They are quite distant from me so hard to make out callsigns but they sound like from AC.

n0nhp

Weekend warrior training weekend.
Often happens when the National Guard it having their training weekends, communicators and aircrews both need the practice.

Bruce

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Just heard the longest EAM message I've ever caught on 4724kHz @ 2035UTC. 296 characters from DIFFICULT.

He was just on GHFS about 30 minutes ago. Checking ADSBX it looks like the E6 is in your area doing an exercise Ridge... wave hello!

wowologist

Certifiable
Mad Hatter and diamond mine (two word originators) are the one's to listen for ...it's pucker time if you hear a 3 word originator.

wowologist

Certifiable
geez you have all that:

Realistic DX-160, '54 SX-88 #127 to Wellbrook loop @50'
Icoms R75, R8600 to 170' horizontal wire/9:1 trans @45'

and your in the city? or just using it like me as in San Francisco Bay Area (I'm in the east bay...) I'm lucky with what I can go vertical with on my postage stamp property...

ridgescan

He was just on GHFS about 30 minutes ago. Checking ADSBX it looks like the E6 is in your area doing an exercise Ridge... wave hello!

Funny, I use that tracker here and was monitoring it as that EAM was happening and that E6 wasn't there. How much of a delay is there on that thing?

ridgescan

geez you have all that:

Realistic DX-160, '54 SX-88 #127 to Wellbrook loop @50'
Icoms R75, R8600 to 170' horizontal wire/9:1 trans @45'

and your in the city? or just using it like me as in San Francisco Bay Area (I'm in the east bay...) I'm lucky with what I can go vertical with on my postage stamp property...
I'm in the outer Sunset, west San Francisco. I deployed the three antennas, one at a time without notifying anyone. When the new building owner came though in 2011, I asked his approval, telling him I've had them up there a long time and they're just for receive-he went across the street and looked up at them and said "sure, not a problem." Been very fortunate all these years.

ridgescan

ADSBExchange is unfiltered (it shows US military) and no delay... AFAIK.
I did notice that E6's flight pattern didn't originate from any base or airfield like it usually does. I typically hit "U" to eliminate all flights except for MIL when I use that site. I saw that E6's pattern begin somewhere over a mountain range. I guess they can go invisible if they want.

wowologist

Certifiable
Most likely it was running in IFF mode (silent, avoid detection, avoid civilian flights and challenge only mode) on a mission.

wowologist

Certifiable
I did notice that E6's flight pattern didn't originate from any base or airfield like it usually does. I typically hit "U" to eliminate all flights except for MIL when I use that site. I saw that E6's pattern begin somewhere over a mountain range. I guess they can go invisible if they want.

I'm sure you already know all this, but for those that don't; here is a good jr. primer on the NAV/iDent (albeit 90's reading in a relatively recent doc. and ther are two in use today that are still classified) systems in use.

Attachments

• NAViDent_primer_unc.pdf
    296.7 KB · Views: 58

ridgescan

I'm sure you already know all this, but for those that don't; here is a good jr. primer on the NAV/iDent (albeit 90's reading in a relatively recent doc. and ther are two in use today that are still classified) systems in use.
I know jack-actually I've learned more from your posts here than I have in a while-thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.