tonto nf

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
to show you how bad the forest service radio system is, I live in Mesa so the closes forest service repeaters should be MT Ord and Humboldt. I pick Diamond point, Aztec and McFadden up nice and clear . Mt Ord and Humboldt come in fuzzy. I just added flight following. I am not using CTSS tones because this way I know which repeater dispatch is coming across. I am using NFM and the ATTEN.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Why do you use any attenuation? You're not so close to any of the towers, so you shouldn't be getting overload from them. And you don't want to attenuate them if they're not overloading your scanner. That may be why you're not getting Mt Ord or Humboldt very well.
Or do you happen to live close by to some other transmitter site that is overloading your scanner, which forces you to use attenuation?
Another thought, do you happen to be in the shadow of a hill/mountain or tall buildings that happens to be in the line-of-sight path between you and Mt Ord and/or Humboldt? That could also block their signals.
When I was up on South Mtn a few months back, I had to use global attenuation to cut down on the overload I was getting from all the tower sites there. But that's an extreme example of actually needing to use attenuation. Unless you're close to a transmitter, you shouldn't need to use it.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
ATTEN

Its funny you are right I should not have to use the ATTN button, but for some reason I don't pick anything up at all unless I use that button. Its strange I know, I pick up Ord and Humboldt but for some reason Most comms bounce off of McFadden and Diamond Point. Thats the tone that shows up.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

The only tone that I seem to get is 241.8, which doesn't seem to be in the DB at all.

ecps92

from my Notes 241.8 on both the Fire Net and Admin Net should be Mount Ord.

If you can confirm, please take time to submit to the DB

The only tone that I seem to get is 241.8, which doesn't seem to be in the DB at all.

KB7MIB

I am unable to submit anything via the mobile site, which is my only access. Sorry :/

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
Tac channels or fireground channels for Tonto NF

if anyone is able to come up with firground channels please send them to me. There will be times where I will be able to pick fire ground up.

Status
Not open for further replies.