Too Darn Hot In San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb6hlm

Been working on ACs all day here in Las Vegas ,NV
I just think its funny how people from out of state move here and complain about the heat when it only got up to 105f today then they look at me funny when I tell them its not even hot yet wait until its gets 120f :)

I don't even turn on my own AC until it reaches at least 110f

Go ahead people turn your thermostats down to 75f Ill see ya soon !!!! :):):):)

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
I have a friend up in the Bay Area. She complained all winter about it being freezing and raining every day. Now she complaints about it being too hot. Sheesh! Can't win. :p

vince48

Premium Subscriber
Well, back in the day (late 1960's) in Daly City we had just 4 sunny days the WHOLE year! The sun would come out everyday at 4:00 and last for an hour and then night and more fog.
Yes, some people just don't know how good they have it until they move or visit a different climate.
Well anyway, it's comfortable in my radio room, 8600 working and not sweating and it's 96* currently.

ridgescan

I have a friend up in the Bay Area. She complained all winter about it being freezing and raining every day. Now she complaints about it being too hot. Sheesh! Can't win. :p
I'm one of those guys who loves rain. I dig when it's storming outside and always did since I was a kid so you'll hear no complaints at least from this QTH about that:)
Last evening I was under the influence of steady relief as I enjoyed 71-74* comfort while having fun with the R8600 and R75 knowing they weren't slow-baking under that awful heat anymore.
Again, I'm fully aware that many folks right now are living in triple-digits hell, but they, unlike we bay area dwellers, are AC equipped and can deal. When we get hit with that kind of heat we melt like we're made of sugar:censored:

ridgescan

Well, back in the day (late 1960's) in Daly City we had just 4 sunny days the WHOLE year! The sun would come out everyday at 4:00 and last for an hour and then night and more fog.
Yes, some people just don't know how good they have it until they move or visit a different climate.
Well anyway, it's comfortable in my radio room, 8600 working and not sweating and it's 96* currently.
Daly City's in a fog tunnel straight from the ocean. You will find rust and mold on the outside of homes there! And those Cyprus trees especially up along Skyline Blvd. that are permanently bent sideways via adaptation from the constant onshore winds.

bharvey2

Should be over your area about now.
The weather reports suggest another warm-up around Monday but not a heat wave like we just went through.

After I sent you the response, the wife and I went out to dinner ( a well air conditioned respite from the heat) As we sat in the restaurant a mile of so from the house, I could see the trees blowing in the wind. It looked like a storm blowing it was so windy. When we exited the restaurant a about 70-80 minutes later, it was at least 15 degrees cooler and still blowing strong. I slept much better last night and work a light jacket to work this morning. It's nice to have things back to normal. I hope temperature are "civil" again in your apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.